Presenting ESIR

ESIR is a public engineering school that combines excellence and proximity in the heart of a scientific complex and an industrial technopole. It is an engineering school within the University of Rennes 1 and is accredited by the Commission des Titres d'Ingénieurs (CTI) for a maximum of 6 years.
Remise de prix à l'ESIR

ESIR And Its Environment

The École Supérieure d'Ingénieurs de Rennes (ESIR) is a highly dynamic and innovative engineering school. It is part of University of Rennes 1, and is located on the Beaulieu Scientific Campus, close to the Rennes Atalante technology park, in Rennes, Brittany, France.

ESIR is a public engineering school, accredited by the Commission des Titres d'Ingénieur (CTI), created in September 2010. It delivers 5-year engineering degrees (equivalenet to a MSc degree) in two specialties:

The school is located in the heart of the Beaulieu scientific campus in Rennes, a dynamic university city with a student population of 60,000. The ESIR is also located in the industrial technopole "Le POOOL" which includes more than 19,000 employees (80% engineers and technicians) spread over approximately 300 companies ranging from large industrial groups to start-ups.

Two Specialties at ESIR

ESIR's first speciality is divided into four options: Computer Science (INFO) (Information Systems and Digital Imaging course), Telecommunications and Networks (T&R), Health Engineering (IS) and finally IoT, Security and the Intelligent City (IoT). This allows us to cover a very broad spectrum of information technologies and in some cases to specialise in technologies related to housing or health.

The second speciality (Materials Science) also covers a very broad spectrum of applications (aeronautics, automotive, construction, etc.).


Scientific and technical courses account for about 70% of the teaching. They allow students to specialize progressively through a varied pedagogy. The remaining 30% of the teaching (30%) is devoted to the humanities in the broadest sense, which are essential elements in the training of an engineer. In particular, there are courses in languages, discovery of the company and how it works, but also courses centred on innovation.

To complete their training, students spend nearly a year in a company through compulsory internships in France or abroad. In addition, students must also complete an international mobility programme lasting a minimum of two months. In their final year, they can combine the preparation of their engineering degree with the preparation of a master's degree in management or a master's degree. Finally, some students may choose in their final year to complete their work-linked training.

Our Objective

The objective of the ESIR is to train engineers for industry who are capable of entering the company fast and who also have the foundation that will enable young engineers to complete their knowledge throughout their careers.